Skip to main content

How to Add or Change A Major

Are you interested in adding a second major or changing your degree to political science? We can help with that.

Change of Degree Applications

To add or change majors, students must complete NC State’s Change of Degree Application (CODA). Eligible students must have completed 12 or more graded credit hours at NC State and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.

Our department will give preference to students who meet the following qualifications:

  • Completion of six credit hours of political science coursework at the 200-level or above with grades of B- or better