Leadership in the Public Sector Certificate
Develop the knowledge and skills to be an effective leader in the public sector.
Our fully-online certificate program provides students with a liberal arts foundation in the ethical, theoretical and policy analytical skills necessary to be effective leaders in public and non-profit organizations.
The certificate program, open to non-traditional and non-degree-earning students, provides quality leadership study for adult learners and military transfer students.
Students must complete 15 credit hours (5 courses), consisting of three core classes and two electives:
- LPS 200: Introduction to Public Leadership
- LPS 315: Public Leadership
- LPS 320: Research Methodology for the Public Sector
- One 200-level elective
- One 300- or 400-level elective
Students pursuing university certificate programs enroll as non-degree studies (NDS) students for the purpose of university registration.
Contact the LPS program to enroll in the certificate.
- Timeline: There is no time limit to complete the certificate; however, if students wish to take a “break” from the certificate program, they must notify the LPS academic advisor.
- Certification: To be certified as having the certificate in Leadership in the Public Sector, students must have a minimum 2.66 grade point average across all courses used towards the Certificate. The LPS Academic Advisor will certify the certificate prior to completion.
- B.A. program: Students who complete the certificate may apply for admittance to the B.A. in leadership in the public sector program. If a certificate student completes this B.A. degree, then the certificate will be removed from their transcript, as students may not have a certificate or a minor degree in the same major degree.